The first day of school is going to be BUSY! So many emotions, schedule changes, and a million things to do! Well, let me add one more thing to the list!
Don’t forget to take a picture of your kids! It will be so fun to look back on at the end of the year!
Here are a few Ideas for a First Day of School Photo
- Chalk board sign photo
- Save their first day outfit and take a picture of them on the last day in the same outfit
- Edit the picture with text to tell their favorite things
- Have them stand by a tape measure or giant ruler
- Have them hold a picture of them from the year before in a frame
- Have them hold a balloon or “First Day of School Banner”
- Take a picture of them catching the bus
- Make a wooden Number for them to hold showing their year in school (or a “K” for Kindergarten)
- Make a Large Tee Shirt and have them put their handprint (with paint) on it each year and wear in the picture
- Write their grade in chalk on the driveway and have them sit by it
- If you have another person around, have them take a picture of your kiddo hugging you goodbye
Here are a few tips for a good photo:
- Take the picture where you have plenty of light
- Have a clutter free background so they are the spotlight of the picture. You could take it in front of the front door, or hang a sheet so there is just a solid color behind them
- Hold the camera as still as possible or put it on a tripod
- Take multiple pictures in case one doesn’t turn out
- Make sure the child is in focus. On an iPhone you can do this by tapping their face on your phone before taking it
When it comes down to it, just snap a happy picture of your kid that you are going to be able to look back at and smile! What matters is the memory!
I hope the first day of school is amazing! I hope you get a fun picture of your kiddos! AND I hope that after they leave you give yourself a pat on the back for making through the morning of the first day back to school… because, you deserve it!